From December 2016 to January 2017 in the United States and international countries, McDonald's ran a Happy Meal promotion for toys based on the characters from Sing. Each Happy Meal ordered would come with one of the toys.
Each Happy Meal toy came with a circular piece of cardboard with a character on it meant for the toy to be stood on.
In the United States, the following toys were offered as part of the promotion:
- Buster Moon; says "Hahahahaha, ya! Gonna spice things up on stage!" when clapped near or pressed on a hard surface.
- Rosita; sings the first parts of the chorus for "Firework" when clapped near or pressed on a hard surface.
- Gunter; says "Alright, piggy power! Hahahaha!" when clapped near or pressed on a hard surface.
- Meena; sings parts of the chorus for "Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing" when clapped near or pressed on a hard surface.
- Ash; sings the first few lyrics of the chorus of "Set It All Free" when clapped near or pressed on a hard surface.
- Miss Crawly; walks when wound up.
- Johnny; swings his fist back and forth when his leg is squeezed.
In other countries, additional toys were offered that weren't available in the US:
- Eddie; his head can be moved from side to side.
- Mike; has a pull-back motor that allows him to move forward for a few seconds.
- The Q-Teez; their hands can be moved up and down by pressing a lever.
The commercial for the toys, also ran from December 2016-January 2017 on multiple television networks across the United States, was a 30-second animated short (also animated at Illumination Mac Guff) that included several characters (the sheep, the hippo, Sherry-Anne, Johnny, Ray, and Rosita along with her children) ordering a Happy Meal and additional items at a McDonald's drive-thru. Each character sang their part of the order, with Rosita's piglets singing their order to end the song. Miss Crawly, working the drive-thru window, suggests that Rosita pop the trunk of her car to fit all of the Happy Meal boxes. The commercial ends with the piglets eating (and one singing with a Happy Meal box over his head) in the kitchen at their house.
The song performed by the various characters was a rewritten version of "I Got The Music In Me" by The Kiki Dee Band.
|Sing - Sing 2|
|Buster - Rosita - Ash - Johnny - Meena - Mike - Gunter - Eddie - Miss Crawly - Nana Noodleman - Big Daddy - Lance - Nancy|
| Sing: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack|
"Around the World" - "Auditions" - "Bamboléo" - "Don't You Worry 'bout a Thing" - "Faith" - "Gimme Some Lovin'"
"Golden Slumbers / Carry That Weight" - "Hallelujah" - "I Don't Wanna" - "I'm Still Standing" - "Let's Face the Music and Dance"
"Listen to the Music" - "My Way" - "OH.MY.GOSH" - "Out To Lunch (End Titles)" - "Pennies from Heaven" - "Pon de Floor"
"Set It All Free" - "Shake It Off" - "The Way I Feel Inside" - "The Wind" - "Under Pressure" - "Venus"
|Eddie's Life Coach - Gunter Babysits - Love at First Sight|
|Happy Holidays From Sing - McDonald's Happy Meal toy promotion - Sing For the Gold - Wonderful Christmastime|